A piano is one of the most played instruments that produces melodious tune and creates perfect harmony. If you are interested in learning the piano but wondering how! Or if you find yourself giving up every time because you find it too difficult for your level then here is the solution.
It is a list of the best piano books that will take you on a step by step journey and guide you to improve your skill. Here you can find the age-appropriate book that will take you one step closer to master this art.
1. Big Book of Beginner's Piano Classics: 83 Favorite Pieces in Easy Piano Arrangements (Book & Downloadable MP3) (Dover Music for Piano)
This piano book is a beginner’s book that will introduce you with a simplified version of classics. It simplifies music as it requires to play only one note with each hand at a time.
Containing a wide variety of classic pieces by famous composers like Mozart, Bach, and many others, this book will not only guide you but also will challenge you to improve your skills and take it to the next level.
So, if you are looking for a beginner’s book after finishing the very basic primer book to further work on your skills then this book is perfect for you.
This book includes:
- Sheet music.
- Downloadable audio files of each tune.
- 83 pieces of classics by Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, and 30 more renowned composers.
2. Alfred's Self-Teaching Adult Piano Course: The new, easy and fun way to teach yourself to play, Book & CD
This self-explanatory book will teach you the very basics of a piano course. With this book, you can learn to play the piano on your own. It is so well put as if the author is speaking and guiding in person.
It will help you to have a good foundation and proper guidance about posture and finger exercises. If you want to practice on your own and save money for a piano class then this book is a must-have.
It s a well-instructed book, although the progress depends on your effort, practice and dedication.
Benefits of this book:
- Solidify the theory behind music.
- It comes with a CD.
- In detailed clear explanations.
- Based on the adult’s taste.
3. Alfred's Group Piano for Adults Student Book 1 (Second Edition): An Innovative Method Enhanced With Audio and Midi Files for Practice and Performance (Alfred's Group Piano for Adults)
This piano book is a perfect book to study with a teacher or practice in a group. Suitable for beginners and intermediates with little or no keyboard experiences.
It comes with a CD that will help you in listening exercises. It is sequenced perfectly with beautiful pieces to play.
This book includes:
- Updates recommended by group piano teachers and students.
- CD-ROM with both audio and MIDI files.
- 26 units, each of them can be completed within a week.
- Sight-reading, technique, harmonization, theory, improvisation, etc activities.
It is a very basic book for keyboard or piano learners. Depending on the content, it is a child-friendly book for beginners. It contains lots of simple familiar tunes that encourage the player more and makes this learning fun.
Focusing on simplicity, it is only a right-hand practice book. If you are looking for an ideal starter book for your kid then this book is perfect.
This book includes:
- Cute kid songs, like; Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black sheep, Hot Cross Bun, and other familiar pieces.
- Treble clef music.
- Printed letters for each note to help those who need to learn to read music.
- Some blank music sheets so that the player can apply his/her own creativity and make his/her own composition.
5. Faber Piano Adventures Level 1 Learning Library Set Includes Lesson, Theory, Performance, Technique & Artistry Books
This is a series of books for beginner pianists. It is the best series for improving piano skills. Each book comes with its own purpose and will fully meet your demand. This easy to follow series will induce your desire for learning more about piano and music theories.
It can be a great guide book for personal practice or with a teacher. The songs are encouraging and keep the young learners motivated.
The series includes:
- Piano adventures level 1- Lesson Book.
- Piano adventures level 1- Practice Book.
- Piano adventures level 1- Theory Book.
- Piano adventures level 1- Technique and Artistry Book.
The series covers:
- Notes of the grand staff, elementary chord playing,
- Concept of tonic and dominant notes and so much more.
6. Rolling Stone Easy Piano Sheet Music Classics, Vol 1: 39 Selections from the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time (<i>Rolling Stone</i>(R) Easy Piano Sheet Music Classics)
This book comes with the best collection of 39 songs among the 500 greatest songs of all time. As promised those 39 songs are chosen from the rolling stone magazine top list.
Among these songs, some are easy to play that are perfect for beginners and some are challenging to play that will be suitable for intermediate players. The great song variety includes songs of your favorite artists, such as; Michael Jackson, Guns n’ roses, Bob Dylan and many others.
If you are a fan of 50’s and 60’s rock and roll classics then this book is perfect for you.
The Music list includes:
- Beat it (Michael Jackson)
- Blowin’ in the Wind (Bob Dylan)
- How Deep is your love (Bee Gees)
- Sweet child o’ mine (Guns n’ roses)
- I wish you were here (Pink Floyd) and many other popular songs.
7. Piano Book for Adult Beginners: Teach Yourself How to Play Famous Piano Songs, Read Music, Theory & Technique (Book & Streaming Video Lessons)
This Book for adult piano learners is a fantastic guide that will take you on a step by step journey of how to play the piano. Alone or with a trainer, this is the perfect book to practice.
The 20 streaming videos make it more easy for visual learners. By improving your techniques and created this book will take you on a whole new level. Break down of chord progression, and use of each hand makes this book even better and challenging.
You will learn:
- About where to start from.
- Basic finger patterns and techniques that will improve your finger mobility.
- To play a wide variety of beautiful songs.
- How to play both hand songs.
- Theory besides music.
- To use your creativity.
The piano guys, an American musical group, gained their popularity through YouTube. They are famous for piano and cello compositions combining classical, contemporary, electric mix and rock n’ roll music.
This book includes some famous compositions performed by The Piano Guys. It will teach you some piano solo from your favorite’s list and some cello-piano duet.
The cello part is optional, only necessary when you are looking for the exact melody like in the actual song.
This book includes:
- Some challenging songs for advanced pianists.
- Your favorite songs, like; Begin again, A thousand years, All of me, Just the way you are and many more.
- Sheet music for phenomenal hits.
- Piano solo and piano-cello duets.
9. Piano For Kids: Teach complete beginners how to play instantly with the Musicolor Method – for preschoolers, grade schoolers and beyond! (Musicolor Method Piano Songbook)
This book is a hundred percent as it promises. Using a Musicolor method the author designed this book for preschoolers, grade school and absolute beginners.
The parent should introduce their kids with this book because music plays a great role in a child’s development and mental health. Plus this is a fun activity for kids.
So if you are willing to introduce your kids with music at an early age then this book is a must-have.
This book is fantastic because:
- It presents music in a very visual, interesting, and colorful way.
- It saves money from piano lessons.
- It is very simple yet effective.
- It follows a child-friendly approach.
This simple, easy to follow book is great for dummies. It gives the beginners a great foundation and then introduces them with challenging pieces. Advanced users can use it for periodic refreshments.
It shares good, solid content that you will not find anywhere else. This time and money worthy book is a great tool for learning and a reference manual.
This book includes:
- A chapter on how to select a piano and maintain it.
- Suggestions for improving skills and growing further.
- Different musical style songs and pieces.
- Easy and clear instructions.
- Melody and harmony.
- Insightful understanding of theory, notes, and rhythm.